ISSUE: They needed the ability to:
- Ability to “flag” a ticket that gets closed, but needs to be reviewed, pre-billing.
Example: Time sheet entries are reviewed on a daily basis, in which some entries will be desired to follow-up on, or the resolution for this ticket might need a document created or updated from the findings for future support or training opportunities.
- Ability to “flag” a time entry specifically for review.
Example: It may be desired to keep specific tickets with hot button issues, or for a problematic client. Need to keep these types of tickets on the service manager/service coordinators radar.
- Restrict the ability to enable these functions.
- Created two custom fields, in the ticket finance tab where access is limited by security roles.
a. Management Review: Drop down list (Allows future additions)
b. Urgent Management Review: Check box
c. Allowed “List View”, this allows tickets to be visually sorted when viewed from the Service Board Ticket list view.
- Created two workflows. Custom fields allows broad trigger ability, allowing one workflow to be used against all service boards.
a. Rule #1: If Urgent Management is checked, then alert Service Manager and COO immediately. Workflow will include Ticket number, company and contact information into the email notification.
b. Rule #2: If Management review <Drop down action> is selected, notify Service Manager and COO when ticket is closed. Workflow will inject the <Drop down action> reason, Ticket number, Company and contact information into the email notification.
Custom Field #1:
Custom Field #2:
Ticket List View Field Enabled:
Custom Fields in Ticket Finance Tab:
Have an idea for our blog? Tell us about it by submitting your suggestion here.