Running a service department is hard enough. Coordinating support requests, rescheduling, emergencies and the list continues.
The last thing a service coordinator needs is a client sending support requests directly to a team member. Once a client acquires one of your team members email addresses, it’s like winning at Vegas! Well, at least in their prospective view. They feel sending a support request directly to a technician will result in instant support.
Here is the problem:
- If a team member answers the request, it asserts that this method is allowed.
- If the request is handled, is there a ticket created?
– No ticket = lost revenue if would of been a billable action.
– No ticket = lost revenue numbers against an agreement.
– No ticket = zero documented information.
Here is the answer:
- Create a public folder where the email can be dragged to, connected by an email connector. The email connector can be set to send a message back to the original sender, advising them that they shouldn’t do this anymore. Oh wait, this option is no longer available.
- Install the Outlook plugin from ConnectWise. This option however requires one to be in front of a computer with Outlook to use. Not convenient if at a sporting event or golf course. This option also doesn’t send a message back advising them that they shouldn’t do this anymore.
- Subscribe to Email reConnector, a productivity tool powered by Visionary 360. Yes a shameless plug, but let’s look at the abilities:
– Unlimited users.
– Unlimited boards. (Forwards)
– Creates activities from email. (Nothing commercially does this except for ERC)
– Can use a special status on a service board to send a message back to the sender that, they shouldn’t do that anymore.
Let’s look at an example in how to use a special status, sending a message back to the original sender. (Client)
Step 1. In ConnectWise Manage, navigate to the service board which new support requests are sent to. Create a special status with a special message. Here is an example.
Step 3. Create a forward in Email reConnector, specifying the new status created in step 1.
Step 4. Start using Email reConnector. Simply forward the received email to the forward address enabled in Email reConnector. Email reConnector will create the perfect ticket, while sending the status message back to the sender.
About Visionary 360
Visionary 360 is a team of veteran coaches focused on the technology sector, mainly IT Service Providers, helping to successfully implement their tools more effectively with a financial focus.
We are problem solvers who love helping people, doing the impossible while having fun doing it. We engage with our clients like they are family. We love working with them, watching their companies grow. There is no greater reward than seeing our clients prosper. To learn more about Visionary 360, visit our website at www.visionary360.com or setup an introductory meeting to discuss your needs.
Have an idea for a future blog article? Tell us about it by submitting your suggestion here.
Want to get notifications by email when we publish a new blog? Sign up here.